Propolis is a natural antibiotic, with powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties providing powerful support to the immune system.
Propolis is a natural substance made by bees to sterilise and protect the hive against infection. Honeybees collect resins from the bark and sticky buds of plants which they are mix with beeswax and enzymes, producing a powerful substance rich in bioactive compounds with potent protective effects.
Propolis has particularly high levels of important bioactive components; bioflavonoids, phenolic acids and esters including CAPE (Caffeic Acid Phenethyl Ester),
Propolis can help with:
- Oral Health - Sore throat, gum infection, cavity prevention
- Immune & Respiratory Health - Viral, bacterial or fungal infections
- Digestive Health - Stomach ulcers, gastritis
- Healthy Skin - topically for acne, shingles, skin infections
- Relief from the effects of Lyme disease
We also stock propolis capsules for those who prefer a capsule to taking drops of tincture.
One propolis capsule contains the equivalent of 4 drops of tincture.
Scientific Research into the effect of propolis on influenza virus: "Our findings showed strong evidence that PWE (propolis water extract) has an anti-influenza effect and demonstrate that caffeoylquinic acids are the active anti-influenza components of PWE".